Hey folks! Got a few fresh updates for you today. First, a few handy links:
dathttpd- Host websites over Dat and HTTPS
bkr- Beaker’s command line tool
- New Beaker documentation
Some sites to try out:
The dathttpd web server lets people visit your site over dat with a DNS shortname in Beaker, and over HTTPS in other browsers. Automatic TLS provision with LetsEncrypt, support for multiple Dat sites and for reverse proxying, and easy-to-setup analytics. Check it out!
Improved bkr command-line
There were too many improvements to list for bkr, so I’ll just show my favorite new command:
$ bkr clone dat://paulfrazee.com ./paulfrazee
You’ll find bkr is now much more usable and intuitive.
New start page
We split out the builtin views (history, sites library, downloads, and etc) into individual pages, so that your new-tab interface would load faster. Then we put in a new new tab page.
New docs site
We took a couple minutes to bedazzle our docs site, so check it out. You can find a lot more information about Beaker as a whole, plus we’ve improved our guides for creating sites and hosting.
Fixes and smaller updates
- Icon now looks good in Windows. Thanks @pmario (#297)
- UTF8 now renders correctly in Dat file listings (#295)
- Bumped internal Chromium to 54. Web Components v1!
- Added help menu for non-OSX operating systems. Thanks @pmario!
- Fixed some tab-rendering issues
- Tab dragging now works better
- Autofocused elements now get focus on page load